Use: Solemnities and Feasts
Required Resources: congregation, organ
Optional Resources: unison or SATB choir
When you order one of the new hymns in this collections, you'll receive an 8½ x 11 accompaniment page with all verses and full harmonization, a 5½ x 8½ congregation page with melody line and all verses, and permission to reproduce these for use in your parish.
All this is available for only $8.50 per title, or $20 for 3 titles (discount will not show on online invoice, but will be calculated into total before your printed invoice is sent).
- O Christ, the World's Salvation (Order #4423)
Text: Dennis DiPaolo; Music: Gustav Holst
Mr. DiPaolo has written a general opening and closing stanza (1 and 3) as well as 14 different versions of stanza 2, one for each of the solemnities and feasts that replace a Sunday liturgy during Ordinary Time.
The special price of $16.50 gives you 14 new hymns to use [a full accompaniment version is included along with 14 different 3-stanza congregation versions and duplication rights].
These are the solemnities and feasts included:
- Tune name: Thaxted
- Meter: 126.96.36.199.13.13
- Number of hymns included: 14 (for celebrations throughout the Church year)
- Number of stanzas in each hymn: 3 (stanzas 1 and 3 are consistant among the hymns)
- Time signature / length: 3/4; 25 measures
- Range: Bb - D
- Feast of the Presentation of the Lord - February 2
- Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity - Sunday after Pentecost
- Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ [Corpus Christi] - Sunday after Trinity
- Solemnity of the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist - June 24
- Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul - June 29
- * Memorial of Saint Mary Magdalene - July 22
- Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord - August 6
- Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - August 15
- Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross - September 14
- Solemnity of All Saints - November 1
- Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed [or Funerals] - November 2
- Feast of the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica in Rome - November 9
- Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ the King - Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- ** Ritual Mass: Marriage
- * Although this is not a solemnity outside a titular church, Mr. DiPaolo included a stanza for Saint Mary Magdalene as she was patron of the church for which these texts were written, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the church dedication.
- ** Included for use during a Wedding Mass
- Around the Throne, A Glorious Band (Order #4427)
text: Rowland Hill; music: Brian Michael Page
Useful on the Solemnity of All Saints or any saint's day, this hymn can work well on Sundays in Ordinary Time or feasts that speak of heaven, especially with reference to the book of Revelation.
A traditional text by Rowland Hill is set to an easy, tuneful melody
- Tune name: A Glorious Band
- Meter: 188.8.131.52 (LM)
- Number of verses: 5 verses
- Time signature / length: C; 10 measures
- Range: C# - D
1 title - $8.50/
3 titles - $20.00
4423 - $16.50
- Hymns and Carols